Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Bonzos: Tuesday Music Post

The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah band is the subject of today's music post. Sadly, they aren't terribly well known in America. I like to think of myself as a music missionary, I spread the news of amazing music.   I am a huge Monty Python fan and that led me to buy the show "Do Not Adjust Your Set" on DVD. Eric Idle, Michael Palin and Terry Jones were on the sketch show that was meant for children, you would never think that if you watch it. The band would play a song or two and sometimes acted.

"Death Cab for Cutie" introduced by Michael Palin

I immediately loved this band. They mixed humor with their amazing music and they had an array of instruments like the tuba and a vibraphone, not your standard rock group. They put on quite a show when performing on "Do Not Adjust Your Set" 
"Hunting Tigers out in India"

How could you not love this group? They were great actors and great musicians. Among the Bonzos were Vivian Stanshall, who unfortunately died in a fire, and Neil Innes who went on to work with Monty Python. 

One of my favorite songs is "Hello Mabel" it reminds me of a great 1920s jazz tune and makes me want to put on a 1920s party dress and dance. 


I hope you liked The Bonzos and hopefully you'll go and listen to more of their music. 

1 comment:

  1. hello! I love your blog! I remember seeing the Bonzo dog doo dah band at the end of Magical Mystery tour! Where the Men travellers and the Beatles all go to a strip bar and the Bonzos perform along side the stripper. i cant remember the song they sing, but its a funny one

    ReplyDelete