Saturday, March 1, 2014

Celebrating Dr. Seuss and the beginning of March.

March is here and it is scheduled to be a busy month, which is refreshing since winter was way too generous with the snow. As someone that loves the snow, even I am tired of it. To wrap up the week here's some links, some vintage related and some not, I've collected during the week.

Anyway the second day of March is the birthday of Dr. Seuss! I have always loved his stories even as an adult ( in numerical age only) I still love them. March 2nd has been dedicated "Read Across America Day" in honor of Dr. Seuss. I'm sure you all have a favorite Dr. Seuss book so why not celebrate by reading one of your favorite Seuss books or just by taking time out of your day to read any of your favorite books.


These are three of my favorites, what are yours? You can also visit http://www.seussville.com/, which is the official site of Dr. Seuss.



I stumbled upon a great vintage photo blog a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to share it. There are so many fabulous photos celebrating old Hollywood. Visit Stirred, Straight Up, With a Twist for a dose of glamour.

Speaking of glamour, Collectors Weekly posted this article about the history of party dresses throughout the 20th century.(http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/a-century-of-dazzling-party-dresses/). There were so many cultural factors that went into styles of party dresses from decade to decade, it's very fascinating. 


Unfortunately, there is more snow in the forecast for New Jersey in the next couple days and it's probably going to be a lot. Just incase I am trapped in the house I made sure to have my fun today at the Vineland Women's Club bi-annual antique sale. 
I am tired of dark winter colors, so I wore my pale yellow spring coat. 



The sale was great and I ended up walking away with a new handbag and jewelry. There is another sale in November and there are tons of treasures to find so start saving now! 

I love the clasp of this bag. 







No comments:

Post a Comment