Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Dances of the 60s

It's another Tuesday music post and this weeks post focuses on dance crazes of the 60s. There were so many great dances that originated in the 60s and I wish some of them would come back, I bet dances were much more fun. Let's start with a great one.


The Twist
I am really bad at learning dances but even I can do the twist. It's like a little workout and it's fun to do. Can you believe that at one time this was considered a provocative dance?

The Watusi

This is such a catchy song! The watusi became one of the most popular dances among teens and the surfer/beach crowd. Even Batman got in on the action with the Batusi.

The Jerk
You can also dance The Jerk to the song Cool Jerk by the Capitols. 


These are only a small selection of 60s dances, there were many more and some dances changed based on the region where you lived. Does anyone have a favorite 60s dance?

2 comments:

  1. My inner seven year old is squealing with delight over this post, as I used to do all of these dances (especially the twist) as a youngster listening to 50s and 60s tunes on my parent's record and CD players (child of the 80s/90s, I grew up with both :)). I might not do as much dancing these days, but I still love the music involved every bit as much and sincerely enjoyed this wonderfully fun trip down memory lane.

    Big hugs & tons of happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you very much for your wonderfully nice comment on yesterday's blog post. I'm really touched to know that I've helped inspire you to start a blogging schedule of your own (it's life changing, IMO, on the blogging front).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have any tips? I've only ever been able to do the twist, other than that I just tend to flail around :). Parent's record collections were a treasure trove!! I used to raid my parent's collection all the time. You're very welcome, I let myself slack off to much and a post like that was very inspirational, a schedule is very important and it's so nice that other bloggers like you give tips to help other bloggers, it does strengthen the community.

      Delete