Sunday, November 3, 2013

I shopped until I dropped.

Anytime I find a vintage treasure, I am on cloud nine for at least a week. I am so overwhelmed with event the tiniest find that I must share it with everyone for days on end. Most of the time Jeremy and the rest of my family members are the victims of my vintage tirades but now that I have a blog you, dear readers, can hear it too. 


This weekend, my Mommom and I went to the Vineland Women's Club for their bi-annual Antique sale. As soon as we entered the building, I knew that this was the sale for me. I had never seen so many vintage and antique finery in one place. I had to take four laps around the building before I could decide what I wanted to buy. 

Eventually I decided on two dresses a hat and two Christmas ornaments. The two dresses are going to be worn for the holidays so you'll have to wait until then to see them and the ornaments are going up after Thanksgiving. 

I wore the hat when I went out today with my mint colored dress that I bought in June. (The dresses from this post)

 I usually don't wear hats and I usually don't wear my hair up but when you wear a vintage hat you need to do your hair to match. It was a blustery day today do I had to hold on to my hat.


This mint colored dress is made of a heavy wool and is fully lined which makes it a nice choice for a windy day
A vintage dress needs a vintage hair do to go along with it. I'm getting a little better at styling my hair but I still have a lot of work to do. 

 I rescued these beautiful brown and gold shoes from the far corners of my Mommom's attic. They're great to wear for everyday outfits since they're so comfortable.

Here is a close up shot of my new hat. I love the pearl details on the side, they make it special. The handbag was from a yard sale I went to while on vacation in June. 


What do you think of my 50's inspired ensemble?



1 comment:

  1. I love the mint color and the hat compliments it very nicely. I really need to shopping with you one day soon.

    ReplyDelete