Saturday, September 28, 2013

Vintage magazine clippings.

Some changes have been made to the blog today. Have you seen the new header, what do you think of it?
I'm throughly enjoying this crisp fall morning. I'm  getting caught up on some design homework while listening to the 'Goon Show'. I wanted to get in a quick blog post though. So, without further adieu here are some fashion shots from a 1969 issue of McCalls and some from a 1971 issue.

Check out these fashionable ladies. The woman on the left is making me want to rush out and hunt for a jumpsuit. I also think that women should wear gloves again. 
Check out those accessories and that fantastic scarf! This issue is from January 1971 but I think this look would work for a crisp September day, what do you think?
 Now this is what I call travelling in style! Check out the bell sleeves the woman on the left is sporting!
In need of some hair inspiration? Why not try this stylish 'do? Look at this woman's fantastic choker. 
I love the t-strap heels the woman on the right is wearing, I have a pair similar to these. I'm not too keen on what the woman on the left is wearing though. 

Well, I hope you've all enjoyed this quick Saturday post. Did you get any style inspiration? 




8 comments:

  1. Great post, just looks like what I wore as a high school girl, jumpsuit, chokers, t-strap heels! I have to find some pictures to show you! I liked Seventeen magazine back then for the fashions. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's so much fun to look through the fashion editorials but real photos are the best. I would love to see them.

      Delete
  2. Those are some nice styles there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cupcake :) Maybe I'll do a fashion editorial post for men sometime.

      Delete
  3. I love that first pic you posted on the site....
    I like the reference photo's also....good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the old pics you have in here...those hair styles are coming back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom :). I really like the hairstyle picture. I want to try to do mine like that sometime.

      Delete